Veteran cricketer Kapil Dev has been bestowed on the CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award by the BCCI at its 7th annual awards. The award contains a Trophy, citation and cheque for Rs 25 lakhs. The Polly Umrigar Award (Trophy and cheque for Rs 5 lakhs) for being India’s best international cricketer of the BCCI Awards year 2012-13 has been bagged by Ravichandran Ashwin.
- India’s best performers in the senior and the junior level cricket in a period of 12 months from 1 October 2012 to 30 September 2013 are honoured at these Awards.
- The ceremony felicitating the winners will be held in Mumbai on January 11.
The Polly Umrigar Award winners so far:
- Sachin Tendulkar (2006-07 and 2009-10)
- Virender Sehwag (2007-08)
- Gautam Gambhir (2008-09)
- Rahul Dravid (2010-11)
- Virat Kohli (2011-12)
Best Overall Performance in the 2012-13
The Mumbai Cricket Association will receive this trophy having ended the year on a high with multiple trophies across categories.
- Ranji Trophy 2012-13
- Under-25 C.K. Nayudu Trophy
- Under-16 Vijay Merchant Trophy
- Women’s Under-19 Inter-State tournament
- R.G. (Bapu) Nadkarni, Farokh Engineer and Late Eknath Solkar have been selected to be felicitated by the BCCI for their contribution to Indian cricket.
- Each will receive a memento and a cheque for Rs. 15 lakhs.
Rohit Sharma : Dilip Sardesai Award for being India’s best cricketer in the recent Test series against the West Indies.
Abhishek Nayar : Lala Amarnath Award, for being the best all-rounder in the 2012-13 edition of the Ranji Trophy.
Jiwanjot Singh Chouhan: Madhavrao Scindia Award for being higest scorer in Ranji Trophy.
Ishwar Pandey: Madhavrao Scindia Award for being higest wicket-taker in Ranji Trophy.
Karn Sharma: M.A Chidambaram Trophy for being best Under-25 cricketer.
Axar Patel: M.A Chidambaram Trophy for being best Under—19 cricketer.
Arman Jaffer: M.A Chidambaram Trophy for being best Under-16 cricketer.
M.D. Thirushkamini: M.A Chidambaram Trophy for being best woman Cricketer.
C Shamshuddin: Best umpire in domestic cricket.